10 Tips to grow your business with handwritten notes
With so much technology at our fingertips today, it can be easy to forget the power of a handwritten note. But in business, handwritten notes can be a powerful marketing tool – if used correctly. You may think it is an outdated practice but I can confidently tell you that lots of entrepreneurs or CEOs still write thank-you notes.
In this article, I will walk you through 10 tips to grow your business with handwritten notes. We will look at why handwritten notes matter, who you can send them to, how to write one, and much more.
Why handwritten notes matter
There are plenty of reasons to write handwritten notes, whether you’re jotting down a grocery list or sending a thank-you card. But if you’re running a business, taking the time to put pen to paper can be key to growing your company.
For one thing, handwritten notes show that you care enough about your customers and clients to take the time to write them a personal message. This can help you build strong relationships with the people who matter most to your business.
In addition, handwritten notes can help you stand out from the competition. With so much communication happening electronically these days, sending a handwritten note can really make an impression.
Finally, handwritten notes show that you’re willing to go the extra mile for your business. If you take the time to write a note by hand, it shows that you’re not afraid to put in the extra effort required to grow with your clients.
Who to send handwritten notes to
When it comes to handwritten notes, the sky’s the limit! You can send them to current or potential customers, vendors, or anyone else with whom you want to cultivate a relationship.
Here are some ideas of who you could send handwritten notes to:
- Current customers: thank them for their business, wish them a happy birthday, etc.
- Potential customers: thank them for their inquiry, invite them to your grand opening, etc.
- Vendors: thank them for their services, provide feedback on their products, etc.
- Employees: show your appreciation for a job well done, give motivational words of encouragement, etc.
How to write a handwritten note
When it comes to handwritten notes, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure your note is effective.
First, try to use nice stationery and a pen that won’t smudge. Second, make sure your handwriting is legible – no one wants to strain to read a note! Third, take your time writing out the note – rushed handwriting can come across as insincere. Finally, add a personal touch by including a thoughtful message or observation.
By following these tips, you can be sure that your handwritten notes will make a lasting impression on your recipients. Not only will they appreciate the effort you took to write them a note, but they’ll also remember your thoughtfulness when they need products or services like yours.
When to send a handwritten note
When it comes to handwritten notes, timing is everything. The best time to send a handwritten note is when you know the recipient will be surprised and delighted to receive it.
For example, sending a thank you note after a meeting or phone call is a great way to show your appreciation and build relationships. You can also use handwritten notes to follow up after events, such as conferences or trade shows. A handwritten note is also a perfect way to show your interest in someone you’ve just met.
In general, anytime you want to make a lasting impression, a handwritten note is the way to go!
How often to send handwritten notes
Sending handwritten notes is a great way to stay in touch with your customers and grow your business. But how often should you send them?
Ideally, you should aim to send a handwritten note to your customers at least once a month. But if you’re just starting out, aim for once a week. And if you’re really short on time, sending one handwritten note every two weeks is still better than nothing!
Here are a few tips for making the most of your handwritten notes:
- Keep them short and sweet: Your customers are busy people, so they’ll appreciate a note that gets straight to the point.
- Make them personal: Include a sincere compliment or two about why you’re grateful for their business.
- Handwrite them yourself: Customers will appreciate the personal touch of knowing that you took the time to write the note yourself.
The benefits of handwritten notes
There are countless benefits to writing handwritten notes, especially when it comes to business. For one, handwritten notes show your recipients that you care about them and their business enough to take the time to write out a personal message. This can go a long way in developing strong relationships with clients, customers, and partners.
In addition, handwritten notes tend to be more memorable than emails or other digital communications. They provide a physical touchpoint that can help jog your recipient’s memory when they need to recall important details about your interactions or business dealings. And since they’re not as common as digital communications, handwritten notes can also help you stand out from the competition.
Finally, taking the time to write out a handwritten note shows that you’re willing to go the extra mile for your business relationships. It’s a thoughtful gesture that can pay off in big ways down the road.
10 tips for growing your business with handwritten notes
There are many benefits to handwritten notes, including the personal touch it adds and the extra effort it shows. But how can you use handwritten notes to grow your business? Here are some tips:
- Get creative with your note cards: You can find a thank you card writing service online, or you can get even more creative and design your own. Either way, make sure your note cards reflect your company’s branding.
- Use handwritten notes as part of your sales strategy: Whenever you make a sale, follow up with a handwritten note thanking the customer for their business. This will help build loyalty and repeat business.
- Implement a “notes for referrals” program: Ask customers who had a positive experience to write a short note about their experience, which you can then use when reaching out to potential new customers. This is a great way to get first-hand testimonials that you can use in your marketing materials.
- Keep your notes concise and targeted. When writing a handwritten note, always keep in mind what message you’re trying to communicate and who the recipient is. The more specific and relevant your message is, the more impact it will have.
- Make handwritten notes a part of your customer service strategy. Whenever you receive positive feedback from a customer, be sure to follow up with a handwritten thank-you note. This will help build customer loyalty and repeat business.
- Use handwritten notes as part of your employee retention strategy. Whenever an employee does a great job, follow up with a handwritten note thanking them for their hard work. This will help show your employees that you appreciate their efforts and help retain them long-term.
- Keep your notes positive and upbeat. Whenever you’re writing a handwritten note, always try to maintain a positive and upbeat tone. This will help create a good impression and build relationships over time.
- Make handwritten notes a part of your social media strategy. Whenever you post something positive on social media, include a handwritten note thanking the customer or client for their business. This is a great way to show your appreciation and build loyalty among your online followers.
- Get creative with how you deliver your handwritten notes. You can hand-deliver them in person, send them in the mail, or even include them with an online order. No matter how you choose to deliver them, make sure your handwritten notes stand out and make a positive impression.
- Always sign your handwritten notes. This is a small but important detail that will help create a personal touch and show that you’re invested in the relationship.
There you have it, 10 tips on how to use handwritten notes to grow your business. Implementing even just a few of these ideas can help you forge stronger relationships with clients, customers, and colleagues, and ultimately lead to more business growth. So get writing and see what kind of impact handwritten notes can have on your bottom line!